Q: What does Gaya Chic mean?
A: The word "Gaya" translates to "Style" in Bahasa Malaysia / Indonesia. At Gaya Chic we take pride in selling stylish and trendy handmade accessories that will answer your fashion needs.
Q: Why should you purchase from us?
A: We place very high importance in the quality of our products. All of our earrings and bracelets are sterling silver with a 92.5% minimum silver content and are both nickel and lead free. Our necklaces are composed of 22kt gold plating on a 92.5% sterling silver base. And, our handbags and shoes are made from 100% genuine leather crafted by the careful hands of master artisans.
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we have made a conscience decision to not sell any jewelry containing coral or bone. Our jewelry is handcrafted using natural materials making each piece individually unique. This means you’ll enjoy both nature’s beauty and her slightest imperfections in our products. We’re also proud to share that the sterling silver used in our Ananda Soul necklaces is sourced from certified recycled silver, which reduces our environmental impact by relying less on mined minerals.
Since we only use genuine materials, our earrings will not cause irritation to the ears for those who are sensitive to fake silver. Our earrings are comfortable to wear and lightweight, but also well constructed and extremely versatile. We will also provide a free silver polishing cloth with each earring purchase.
Q: How do I take good care of my earrings?
A: Sterling silver will tarnish over time. Tarnish develops as a chemical reaction through air (although direct contact with substances that contain sulfur will also cause tarnish). To avoid or to slow this down, please store your jewelry in an air tight container or bag if you are not wearing it. Do not fret as we will be providing a polishing cloth together with all of your purchases to remove any tarnish. All you have to do is gently wipe your jewelry with this cloth and it will look brand new. Or, if you like the vintage look, you can leave the tarnish in place to achieve a naturally weathered appearance.
Please handle your Gaya Chic jewelry with care and avoid contact with perfume, lotion, water, pool / sea water and cleaning products.
Q: How do I take good care of my necklaces?CARE TIPS:
- Always remove your jewelry before swimming, bathing, doing household chores or other strenuous activities, exercising or using abrasive cleaners.
- Gold-plated jewelry should be wiped down with a damp cloth after use to remove smudges and stains. It is recommended to do a more thorough cleaning after exposure to alcohol, acids and sulfur compounds that could potentially cause the metals to tarnish and change their color.
- Remove lotions, make-up and soil from your hands before touching your gold-plated pieces and avoid direct contact with beauty products such as perfume, hairspray, lotions, body oils and other cosmetics while wearing your favorite jewelry.
- If you need to clean your jewelry, we recommend using a mild soap, water and a soft bristled brush (such as a toothbrush), rinse clean and pat dry with a soft cloth. Do NOT clean your jewelry daily as it can caused the gold plate to wear off faster and eventually tarnish in a short time.
- When your jewelry is not in use, we recommend storing it in an airtight plastic ziplock bag and put it inside the cloth bag provided with each purchase, avoiding tarnishing. In addition, store your jewelry separate from each other to minimize scratching and tangling.
CLEANING YOUR JEWELRY
What you will need
- Small bowl
- Piece of cloth or jewelry cloth
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab
- Dishwashing liquid
- Warm water
1. WIPE DOWN JEWELRY
To remove body oils and soil, use a damp cotton ball or jewelry cloth to wipe down gold-plated jewelry after each use. Allow the pieces to briefly air-dry before storing.
2. CREATE A CLEANING SOLUTION
If the jewelry has visible soil or feels sticky or stained, we recommend cleaning it with a warm, soapy solution. Mix one cup of warm water and one cup of cold water and one to two squirts of dishwashing liquid in a small bowl.
3. SOAK THE JEWELRY
Place the jewelry in the cleaning solution and soak for about 5 minutes or longer. Clean only one or two pieces at a time to prevent the pieces from scratching.
4. TACKLE EMBEDDED SOIL
For pieces that are intricately carved, we recommend using a cotton swab to remove any soil from small crevices and corners. Never use a sharp tool (like a knife or paper clip) to remove the dirt because they can scratch away the gold plating.
5. RINSE, DRY, AND BUFF
When the piece is clean, rinse the jewelry in warm water. Dry with a soft, lint-free cloth and buff gently to return the shine. Et voila! Enjoy your sparkly clean jewelry piece! 💖
Alternatively and for more persistent stains, use simple white toothpaste and a soft toothbrush to clean your jewelry pieces. Make sure to rinse with running water.
Q: What can I do if the item I want is sold out?
A: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the product name and we'll contact you when the product is back in stock.
Q: What payment method can I use?
A: We use both the Shopify payment gateway and PayPal to process payment. Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards are accepted in addition to Apple Pay and PayPal. Apple Pay can only be used with Safari browser and iPhone.